Wednesday, December 22, 2010

8/27

We all rode over to Anne & Blume at Harris N.Y. from the farm. Mom and Pop decided to stay there for the week instead of at our farm. The Civil Liberties Union is defending the right of Nazi films to appear here. Eugene wouldn't take a haircut because he thought the seat was insecure. He is a little spoiled as Lillian had her hands full with Sylvia all season. Sylvia too is inclined to cling to Lillian and burst into tears at the slightest pretext.

I remember the haircut incident; the barber's seat for me (for little kids, they put on this board with a seat to raise the kid to the barber's level) seemed very high and, as Dad said, insecure. I think the chair itself may have been higher than our barber's at home, and perhaps our barber at home didn't need me to be on the extra seat anymore. I guess one could also note that I would rarely go on the see-saw around that age, because I was afraid of the height! 

No comments:

Post a Comment