Tuesday, December 14, 2010

4/12

Took Sylvia down in the AM. Played ball and she insisted on kicking the ball. Molly and Sam came over. Finished "Yalta". Eugene got a game from Mike and Evelyn. Burl Ives Jr. is in action again. Filed State Income Tax form but no payment necessary. The most beloved man in the world, Pres. Roosevelt, died unexpectedly at 4:35 PM, at Warm Springs, Ga. He was 63. Death was due to a cerebral hemorrhage.

There's another event I certainly remember; I remember my mother on the phone with her friend Sadie Heinemann, trying to console her, after Roosevelt's death.  

2 comments:

  1. In my recollections my parents were either bickering or not communicating. I don't remember any objective "conversations" let alone political or discussions about the war. I think my father was probably interested and informed, probably not so my mother. My father would go to the movies alone. My mother never. My father probably read books. He was interested in world history. Can't remember my mother reading a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your father was interested in so many things; I well remember him asking me to explain logarithms to him; this was when I was in college.

    ReplyDelete