Sunday, December 12, 2010

3/28

Lillian took Eugene to Dr. Holzman this morning. The Verdict was acute Sinusitis. He needs sunshine, argyrol packs and privine drops. Sylvia made up a new song. "Could you take me upstairs, upstairs pom pom pom, etc. A little boy started up with Eugene and he traded wild swings with him crying out his outrage at the attack however. Robert Kreisler brought in an Easter bunny for Sylvia and a book for Eugene.

Dr. Abraham Holzman was our family doctor, and remained my doctor into my first years of marriage, until we moved to Long Island. A very gruff man, but obviously very caring. When he passed away in 1969, there were seven death notices in the NY Times: 
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive/pdf?res=F20D12FD395E1B7493C6AB178FD85F4D8685F9
Argyrol packs were an awful treatment I went through constantly, as I was very subject to sinus infections; when the first sinus decongestant was released (Dristan), it changed my life; I was away at grad school at the time, and still remember the ecstasy of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment