Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/21

750,000 steel workers have gone on strike after the steel industry turned down the President's proposal for an 18 1/2¢ raise. DeGaulle has resigned on the issue of a cut in the armed forces and reduction of his powers. We had a children's party for Eugene's birthday. Present were Arlene Drucker, Bruce Solomon, Bobby Rosenberg, Gloria and Vivian Singer, Fredi Heineman, Richard Monka and Betty Ann Lamphear. Mom Pop and a few adults were also there.Eugene didn't go to school today due to the bad weather.

Most of those guests have been mentioned before; Bruce Solomon I don't remember too well. Betty Ann Lamphear was the daughter of the building superintendent; she was a little younger than me, I believe. All lived in the building except for Fredi. Bobby Rosenberg was my most common playmate. I was now six years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment